Deadline: 26 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Assistant will work on the basis of general instructions, own experience and precedents, following the Partnership or UNOPS specific procedures and practices, rules and regulations, to ensure smooth work flow in the assigned area of work.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist Country Supply Officers in drafting the projects and orders for the anti-TB medicines and diagnostics in the GDF Order Management System.
- Initiate, through the UNOPS procurement module, contracts for consultants, technical services agreements, and general external services requests.
- Monitor and record receipt of deliverables, and initiate and monitor payments as needed.
- Arrange, coordinate and lead administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including letters of invitation, costs calculation and travel requests.
- Prepare presentations using PowerPoint and other software packages on own initiative or on the basis of instructions.
- Prepare travel requests for official Partnership/GDF travel.
- Assist in the monitoring and progress review of projects and tasks in the Partnership/GDF work plan.
- Provide team members with timely information on project and task budget ceilings, award budgets, expenditure, and funds available, as required.
- In close collaboration with other support staff, create and/or maintain filing systems.
- Continual review of filing system to ensure information is up to date and effectively and efficiently used.
- Obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources as required.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working at the UN with health programs is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN systems and procedures.
- Previous work experience in the UN system would be an asset.
- English fluency is required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.