Deadline: 2 September 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Partnership for Green Economy (PAGE) activities.
- Monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation.
- Review relevant documents and reports.
- Identify problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions.
- Identify potential implementing partners and liaises with relevant parties.
- Provide guidance to implementing partners, international and local consultant.
- Identify and tracks follow-up actions.
- Co-ordinate with PAGE Secretariat and PAGE partners on country workplans.
- Represent UNEP at PAGE meetings.
- Review/monitor the implementation progress of PAGE UNEP activities.
- Co-ordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc).
- Prepare related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc).
- Provide policy advice to relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in public policy, international relations, economics, environmental policy, or a related field.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 5 year’s of experience in project or programme management, policy advice related to sustainable development and green economy, or related area, is required.
- 2 year’s of work experience at the international level is required.
- Experience in the development, implementation and supervision of multi-partner projects at the UN or an equivalent organisation is desirable.
- Knowledge of English and French.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.