Deadline: 7 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Manage the work of contracted technical personnel while ensuring contractors are working toward established milestones.
- Support development and upgrades of the WHO Country Assessment Platform.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating outcomes, identifying problems and risks, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances.
- Oversee the creation of a dashboard of allocation information for public consumption, ensuring transparency for the Access and Allocation work.
- Support any needed procurements by drafting necessary documentation, including project requirements and plans, and overseeing all processes according to WHO guidelines.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in the area of computer science, information management or closely related field relevant to the position.
- Advanced University Degree in law, computer science, or business administration and active Microsoft Azure certification.
- At least 5 year’s professional experience as a project manager on web development projects.
- Demonstrate professional experience working with different stakeholders on developing concept documents, proposals and other related documents.
- Demonstrate professional experience managing employees and contractors.
- Experience with WHO or other international or multinational organizations.
- Demonstrate skills in developing and evaluating business requirements.
- Knowledge of data requirements specific to the area of medicines and health products.
- Knowledge of common WHO data platforms, such as XMART Acquaintance with the common medicines and vaccines databases, as well as WHO monitoring tools, such as MedMon, PIEMEDS.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
- Beginners knowledge of WHO Official Language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.