Deadline: 16 June 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Project Officer will coordinates work planning, supports technical implementation, monitors financial flows and provides donor reporting for ongoing projects, in particular with respect to the Urban Air Pollution and Health pilot project in its start-up phase.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Liaise and coordinate project activities with implementing partners and WHO country offices.
- Prepare global and site-specific project budgets and work plans for the implementation of the Urban Air Pollution and Health project.
- Monitor project activities and expenses against project work plan and budget and provide monthly updates on progress and results.
- Create monitoring tools and provide briefings on critical performance measures necessary to maintain delivery targets.
- Act as a focal point for the gathering, recording and reporting of information on the Urban Air Pollution and health project.
- Prepare narrative and financial donor reports on the progress of the project as required by donor agreements.
- Prepare concept notes and project proposals for ongoing resource mobilization.
- Support the financial planning and management of the unit following the 2016-17 biannual work plan for IHE and coordinate with other units of the department as needed.
- Provide general project management support as needed.
- Coordinate work plans, evaluate technical progress, prepare project materials and reports, coordinate with IHE staff on project priorities and activities, and ensure general efficacy and timeliness of IHE work activities.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in one of the health or social sciences with an emphasis in international development.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of combined national and international professional experience in project management in the fields of public health and/or international development.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and work plans.
- Experience in working across sectors.
- Experience at field level and/or within a UN agency, desirable.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French, desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.