Deadline: 16 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Chief of Communication in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Chief of Communication will perform the following functions:
- Develop and continuously update the Regional Communications Strategy to maximize the outreach of key populations and stakeholders, with an emphasis on digital and social media.
- Articulate the strategic communication engagement, including digital communication with Russian Federation, as well as related Russian speaking markets.
- Capitalize on the key achievements and best practice made by country offices in the region to influence the agenda for children, and advise on the potential to scale up key initiatives and best practices.
- Align, Communications, Advocacy and Fundraising to maximize opportunities for influencing leveraging resources, and achieving results.
- Advance the Communications function as a key convener to package and to expand programmatic efforts at CO ad RO, and to advocate for the regional flagship results.
- Articulate a targeted and forward-looking capacity building for Country office teams to ensure fit-for-purpose skills of the regional communications community of practice.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Media or other related fields of disciplines is required.
- At least 10 year’s progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, media, advocacy or related field.
- International and national work experience in both developed and developing countries is required.
- Experience in advocacy and communication for resource mobilization is a strong asset.
- Professional experience in developing and implementing communication strategies is required.
- Expertise in social media engagement is required.
- Familiarity with humanitarian advocacy and emergency communications is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Russian is a strong asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.