Deadline: 9 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Field Security Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Regional Field Security Officer will perform the following functions:
- Advise the Director BOS, Regional Director and HWCOs within the Region on relevant strategic, contextual or operational issues that may have an impact on the safety and security of WHO staff, operations and assets.
- Provide relevant technical and strategic analysis on potential threats/risks to staff/programs and ensure that appropriate safety/security information is disseminated to the relevant EMR’s local security professionals and all mission/program managers and their staff.
- Be responsible for the initial briefing, on-going training and dissemination of security information to ensure all personnel are kept abreast of matters affecting their security.
- Promote inclusion of security in all relevant processes and practices through engagement at the Regional and Country Office levels for informed decision making and implementation.
- Establish regional and country-level security structures and capacities. Review the security and safety situations in all EMR areas of operations and decide on measures for improvements.
- Continuously assess security compliance and alignment with corporate processes at all levels to implement, optimize and prioritize remedial actions/efforts in adherence with the UNSMS and the UN ‘Framework of Accountability’ document, regarding safety/security matters that will impact EMR’s operations and programs.
- Maintain an overview and ensure adherence by all WHO EMRO staff members to the UNDSS Travel Request Information Process (TRIP), the Movement of Personnel (MOP) procedures and the UN security clearance policy.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in business administration, political/social science, psychology, international relations, or law enforcement with a focus on security management, risk management and/or related discipline .
- Alternatively, a military or police academy Degree (at officer level) equivalent to advanced university Degree, with qualifying relevant experience, will be accepted.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- At least 10 year’s progressively responsible professional experience in security management, crisis management and a strong background in political and security analysis in a regional context.
- Experience in working in crisis and humanitarian response locations enabling programme delivery is required.
- Previous UN professional experience as Field Security Officer/Adviser.
- Relevant experience in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region is as asset.
- Experience in the development of global and regional security operations strategy and supporting policies and guidance.
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of security operations activities to assess and inform the improvement of activity impact.
- Experience in leading multi-functional and cross-geography teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Arabic or French would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.