Deadline: 22 August 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Adviser (Strategy and Policy) in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Adviser (Strategy and Policy) will perform the following functions:
- SWA and WASH positioning
- Identify the key drivers for positive change and works with key internal and external stakeholders by developing strong and credible policy messages and solutions, primarily, and works through an influencing route with policy stakeholders and decision-makers to effect change.
- Coordinate the generation of intelligence through political mapping and analysis
- Charting key actors interests and agendas.
- Power mapping of who the most important players are and how to influence.
- Analyze contextual developments, including at the regional and international levels, in the wider political and development arena as well as in WASH policy, funding and programming landscapes.
- Lead/coordinate research on the identification of new and emerging sustainable development issues and presents analysis of information gathered and reviewed from diverse sources with plausible recommendations.
- Relationship with Stakeholders and External Meetings/ Events
- Build and maintain relationship with key policy stakeholders inside and outside the sector, and represents the partnership at relevant external meetings and events.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in international relations, foreign policy, law, diplomacy, economics, business or any other related field.
- 10 year’s of experience at the international level in the areas of advocacy, development, human rights, diplomacy, policy analysis or external relations.
- Experience in identifying and establishing strategic partnerships, effectively networking with partners seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances and in establishing relations and quickly building trust and credibility with key stakeholders (external and internal).
- Experience in providing advice to senior leadership and strong analytical skills is an asset.
- Experience in performing analysis of political situations and scenarios, and contributing to the formulation of institutional responses is required.
- Experience leading and managing multiple, complex projects in a fast-paced setting is required.
- Excellent communication skills required, both oral and written, for a variety of audiences.
- Fluency in English is required and in an additional UN Language is an asset (preferably Spanish and/or French).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.