Deadline: 25 August 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Assistant to Director in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Assistant to Director will perform the following functions:
- Ensure smooth running of the Director’s Office in close collaboration with other administrative and programmatic staff in the Department through the efficient provision of secretarial and administrative support to the Director.
- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative for the Director’s signature and more technical correspondence according to instructions given by the Director ensuring that correspondence/documents submitted for the Director’s clearance/signature are prepared according to WHO rules, practices and procedures, redrafting/correcting and returning to departments/programs for action as necessary.
- Analyze incoming matters in the light of background material, instructions, policies and precedents.
- Research and attach background documentation in anticipation of Director’s queries and information needs.
- Coordinate presentations to the Director of all documents requested of and provided by department’s units under his/her responsibility by ensuring that all such documents are logically complied, formatted and assembled in a manner which facilitates the work of the Director.
- Create, maintain, update and monitor access to specific Director files and reference system, ensuring accurate and appropriate filing of confidential and sensitive information.
- Screen and receive visitors/telephone calls with tact and discretion, make appointments, redirect visitors/callers as necessary.
- Provide background information concerning purpose of appointments with official visitors and/or staff members.
- Re-arrange schedules disrupted by unexpected events.
- Manage smooth operation of the Director’s daily agenda.
- Ensures protocol and exercising tact and discretion with Permanent Mission, counterparts in other UN Agencies, and other WHO partners.
- Coordinate support services for conferences and meetings, monitoring progress of required documentation/information, and coordinating related logistic requirements.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education or equivalent commercial school.
- Higher education an advantage.
- 8 year’s of experience in secretarial or administrative positions.
- Experience in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Strong skills to work independently.
- Strong organization and offices skills, as well as skills in note taking and minute writing.
- Sound knowledge and skills using a variety of office and computer packages.
- Sound knowledge of WHO and/or UN administrative rules and regulations, procedures and practices.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise discretion at all times in judging the importance, urgency and confidential nature various issues and tact when dealing with staff and external partners.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.