Deadline: 23 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Compliance and Policy Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Compliance and Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- UNHCR Compliance and Engagement.
- Increase DRC’s capacity to engage with UNHCR under the UNHCR Framework for Implementing with Partners (FIP) and the Project Partnership Agreements (PPAs).
- Advise DRC operations globally and in HQ on UNHCR compliance.
- Develop and provide trainings, webinars, and written guidance on compliance.
- Ensure appropriate technical support is available to programs, in line with hosting agreements and support for annual planning and review processes.
- Engagement in humanitarian coordination/IASC.
- Support DRC field and HQ engagement in humanitarian coordination.
- Provide analysis and information sharing on themes and areas relevant for DRC within the scope of IASC, based on intake from and consultations with senior DRC staff members at field, regional and HQ level.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or advanced professional qualification in social sciences, development, international relations, law or similar field.
- 5 years’ of experience within international humanitarian, development or displacement issues.
- Experience working with UNHCR or other partner/donor contractual relations and aid management guidelines.
- Experience with managing partner relations with UNHCR or other UN agency or institutional donor partnering and/or working experience from a previous position at UNHCR.
- Experience and knowledge of the humanitarian field, including IHL and international humanitarian work and policy.
- Good communications and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relation-building abilities.
- Experience with developing training material and conducting trainings.
- Experience with coordination of multi-stakeholder processes within a global organisation.
- Experience from working in a DRC field operation or in another similar organisation is an advantage.
- Proficiency in English, French skills are an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.