Deadline: 11 September 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Strategy Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Strategy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide high-level advice and guidance to the heads of units in optimizing annual work plan areas and operational plans including human resources needs and deliverables.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on team structure to enable individual teams to deliver on their work plans.
- Prepare and participate in high priority representational and donor meetings to analyze the alignment on mutually important strategic areas for proposals and engagement.
- Develop WHO aligned team management systems to record and track activity completion and impact.
- Develop and agree on a set of criteria to evaluate and prioritize opportunities as they emerge, including a description of strategic choices and trade-offs and organization implications related to each opportunity.
- Work in close collaboration with staff and other consultants on strategy, grant proposals, recording and tracking of progress Other high priority projects as assigned.
- Incumbent is a senior representative of the Department with external key partners (BMGF, Gavi, CDC, Wellcome Trust, USAID) and proposes options for innovative partnerships to support the delivery of the strategy.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s level or above) in law, management, international affairs, public administration, public policy, public health, or related field.
- 10 year’s of relevant professional international work experience in global health including at or with WHO.
- Knowledge of immunization field.
- Knowledge of WHO mandate and goals.
- Experience about global health environment & vaccines in particular.
- Experience in supporting an organizational change process.
- Experience in strategy development, high level of organization and project management.
- Experience at the international level.
- Experience and knowledge of UN environment.
- Knowledge about the global health environment and vaccines in particular.
- Knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.