Deadline: 1 May 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to data preparation, review, and consultation in collaboration with regional offices and relevant technical partners.
- Contribute to the development of methods and guidelines and country capacity building activities in collaboration with WHO regional and country office.
- Contribute to the development of overall data quality control strategy and carry out specific data quality control interventions.
- Liaise with external partners on data import, data exchange and sharing, as well as facilitation to global technical working group on macro indicators, external aid and any other technical topic that may emerge.
- Liaise with the Global Health Observatory (GHO) and regional offices on WHO internal data exchange and contribute to overall Global Health Expenditure Database (GHED) annual update and publication process, maintain the health accounts website, and communication.
- Contribute to in-depth health financing data analysis, global health expenditure report, and data visualization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Applicant must have
- University Degree related to economics, health economics, statistics, or public finance with quantitative application and in one of the above-noted areas would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible professional experience in health financing, public finance, data analysis, health economics (preferably relating to resource tracking), or in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience at the international level and relating to resource tracking.
- Knowledge of System Health Accounts 2011 framework.
- Understand the concept of health financing, overall health system operation, and public finance system.
- Knowledge of health expenditure data and quantitative analytical skills using statistical software, such as STATA, R, etc.
- Knowledge of data presentation software, such as Tableau or PowerBI and Health Accounts Production Tool (HAPT).
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Team spirit and time management skills.
- Expert knowledge of English and UN Language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.