Deadline: 5 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support on the development of norms and standards related to prioritized comprehensive packages of health and enabling interventions for each key population and collaborate closely on this with the HIV, Hepatitis and STIs technical prevention staff in the TPP team.
- Provide technical assistance to regional and country offices on norms and standards capacity building and implementation related to prioritized comprehensive packages of health and enabling interventions for each key population and collaborate closely with other staff in the unit and department as well as with staff in regional offices.
- Provide technical support incoordination with relevant stakeholders related to KP to countries and support Global Fund and PEPFAR country operational plans to prioritise, implement and scale up evidence based programmes for KP in according with the updated WHO guidance in priority countries.
- Provide technical expertise andliaise with the Strategic Information and Analysis (SIA) unit to the development of specific guidance and tools on strategic information for KPs including on case based surveillance, strategic information guidance and reporting related to key populations, as well as programme data collection, verification and analysis related to key populations’ services on prevention, testing and treatment of HIV, hepatitis and STIs such as the validation of the GAM data, the BBS lite and the UNODC World Drug Report.
- Ensure that the webpages for key populations are updated to include the latest relevant tools and guidance and contribute to donor and other reporting.
- Coordination of norms and standard development processes (for example PICO development, systematic reviews, GRC submission, peer reviews and publication support) and technical expertise to the development of the products.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s level) in Public Health, Medicine, Epidemiology or other relevant social science.
- Additional Degree or training in public health or epidemiology.
- Minimum 7 year’s relevant work experience in public health and HIV, an/or hepatitis and STIs of which at least 5 year’s experience with focus on prevention and key populations in LMICs, strategic information and epidemiology of infectious diseases and KP.
- Experience with service delivery would be an asset.
- Demonstrate exposure at the international level.
- Strong technical expertise and understanding in the field of HIV, viral hepatitis and STI services for key populations (KP), Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage an area of work and produce technical results.
- Good project management skills and proven ability to organize and facilitate technical and steering group meetings. Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate capacity to write and communicate in English.
- Expert knowledge of English and beginners in French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.