Deadline: 7 December 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Document progress and monitor, store and ensure appropriate filing of the documentation related to the WHO BioHub System.
- Prepare presentations and communication materials needed for various relevant activities.
- Participate in organization of workshops, meetings, conferences and other events relevant to the WHO BioHub System.
- Draft meeting notes and other documents as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in public health, management, business or public administration or other social sciences from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Advanced University Degree in public health, business or public administration.
- Minimum 1 year’s relevant experience in planning, creating high quality reporting materials and providing project management support in private/public sectors.
- Experience in epidemiology and surveillance of infectious diseases would be an asset.
- Demonstrate professional experience working with senior-level management.
- Experience with UN or other international or multinational organizations.
- Experience as a project manager, particularly projects concerning preparedness and response to health emergencies.
- Ability to summarize information from a diversity of sources in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate professional experience in preparing technical presentations.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.