Deadline: 27 April 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Unit Head in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Unit Head will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate and provides senior technical leadership in establishing new approaches, evidence-based policies and strategies, surveillance, and capacity building initiatives for implementation across Regional and Country Office programmes in the respective area of work.
- Provide senior level health technical expertise and advice to the Director and Senior Management in the area of health in FCVs on the development and establishment of new health strategies and policies for implementation into and/or the monitoring and evaluation of national and global policies.
- Ensure effective coordination, management and accountability of the programme area in delivering its objectives through efficient managing a diverse team of technical experts, financial resources and effective work plan coordination to optimize the programme’s deliverables in line with the mandate of the Organization.
- Ensure the coordination and management of the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the Department’s area of work of key performance indicators and global reporting requirements and mechanisms to optimize performance of Department deliverables.
- Serve as the scientific/technical reference among UN Agencies and the peer community on the health in FCVs.
- Build technical partnerships with other UN Agencies, Donors, research institutions and other stakeholders in the health in FCVs to position the technical area of work and implementation into respective policies.
- Represent the programme area of work in global fora and capacity building activities.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Public Health related to the functions of the position.
- PhD in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- Minimum 15 year’s professional experience in the management of health in FCVs, including experience providing senior level advice and guidance to Senior Management/Decision makers, managing human and financial resources.
- Experience in the area of developing and establishing policies and strategies.
- Demonstrate experience at the international level.
- Field experience in managing complex health programmes in FCVs.
- Experience with a range of organizations, including UN and NGOs.
- Strong skills in the area of developing and establishing polices and strategies.
- Excellent skills and ability in managing diverse teams and financial resources.
- Strong understanding and skills in mobilizing resources.
- Ability to engage, build consensus and communicate effectively and diplomatically with Member States, partners and media.
- Commitment to collaborate effectively with other key partners in the Health Subject area.
- Globally respected level of technical expertise and knowledge in health in FCVs.
- Proven leadership skills in the planning and coordination of multidisciplinary public health programmes, which may include the implementation of a public health/disease control programmes.
- Expert knowledge of English and French.
- Intermediate knowledge of Other WHO Language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.