Deadline: 26 May 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Unit Head, Digital in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Unit Head, Digital will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership, coordination and managerial support within DCO, in the Digital Unit ensuring that activities in this area are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with Divisions, Regional and Country Offices and provides advice in strengthening digital communications.
- Oversee a unit specialized in various domains within their area of expertise and facilitates the efficient flow of team synergies.
- Manage the programme area in delivering its objectives through efficiently managing a team of technical staff, financial resources and effective work planning to optimize deliverables in line with the mandate of the Organization.
Develop and drive the implementation of a global digital communication strategy, which involves the production, versioning, publishing and dissemination of high-quality impactful digital and multimedia content for a variety of audiences.
- Manage external vendors working with the Department of Communications on graphic design, web content production, web development, and audio-visual production.
- Develop and share protocols and procedures to streamline digital production and to manage assets.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced level University Degree in Communications, International Affairs, Public Health, Social Science, or related field relevant to the position.
- At least 10 year’s experience in digital communications.
- Demonstrate experience developing workplans, managing complex projects, financial resources as well as managing and motivating teams.
- Demonstrate experience at the international level.
- Experience in managing of a team of comunications professionals.
- Experience in WHO or other UN agencies including at country and regional levels.
- Experience in the field of information in the health context or experience in WHO with a sound understanding of its mandate and goals.
- Strong skills in the area of developing and establishing policies and strategies.
- Excellent skills and ability in managing diverse teams and financial resources.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively and diplomatically with external partners including Ministries of Health, Donor institutions, Civil Societies, and other stakeholders.
- Commitment to collaborate effectively with other key partners in the Health Subject area.
- Knowledge of WHO priorities and mandate.
- Advanced news writing and editing skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of modern international relations and the role of WHO and of UN system.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of another WHO language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.