Deadline: 28 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administration Assistant in Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Administration Assistant will provide programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administration Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Preparing Grant Agreements documents based on submitted and approved proposals.
- Support to drafting of correspondence and carry out necessary follow up.
- Follow up Grant Agreements signature, MoFA approval, Direct Implementation Documents and other relevant documents, as well as archiving.
- Assist to provision of logistical support to meetings, field visits, missions and workshops.
- Support provision of assistance to field teams as required.
- Support to tracking agreements and follow up on approved projects work.
- Plan in close collaboration with Programme Team Leader as required.
- Support to establishment and maintenance of the filing and document retrieval system (both paperwork and virtual).
- Support to preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Support to maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Support the follow up on projects implementation and donors reports.
- Support to compile information and stories from the field for communication purposes.
- Support to maintaining information and updating databases.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, as applicable.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics or Arts and Sciences.
- 2 years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of database packages and web based management systems is desirable.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.