Deadline: 13 April 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Lattakia, Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Follow up with the concerned authorities & service providers on necessary arrangements before shipments arrival to Lattakia Port including Checking of the Shipping Documents.
- Arrange for preparing of Import Permit for specified Commodities, follow up with clearing agents & transporters on shipments status upon arrival, and issue Land-side Transport Instruction (LTI) for the allocated Shipments & send it to the concerned Parties on-time.
- Co-ordinate clearance of WFP shipments in liaison with the clearing agent & customs officials and initiate necessary actions for duty Exemptions for WFP imported shipments.
- Monitor the discharge activities of WFP vessels at the Port, inform and seek advice of supervisor on any unforeseen problems pertaining to Discharge and/or customs clearance process & formalities, and assess the quality, quantity and safety of the goods.
- Prepare and provide daily reports on the progress and movements of WFP shipments, arrange for dispatches of food items from Lattakia Port to related destinations.
- Monitor transporters performance, ensuring that all WFP contracted transporters perform their duties according to the terms of the relevant Contract.
- Maintain proper filling system for Lattakia port operation documentation in line with the CO serial
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to WFP activity.
- At least 3 years of professional experience, including at least two in the field of customs clearance, commodity supply chain, or port operations.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team; Ability to remain calm under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Accuracy; Discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Solid command of the English language and ability to translate Arabic to English (vice versa).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.