Deadline: 29 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Damascus, Syria.
The Education Officer will provide professional expertise and operational and administrative assistance for the education programme development and coordination, results monitoring/evaluation and quality reporting for donor accountability.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the development of education program goals, objectives, strategies, detailed work plan/timelines and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related data and information.
- Support in information gathering and analysis for the national trends of education access and learning outcomes. Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to facilitate program development, design and preparation. Support preparation of analytical reports and provide technical inputs for program preparation and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support results-based planning, monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process.
- Work closely with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/share information on programme delivery and progress, suggest practical solutions for programmatic challenges and produce periodic reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level consultation and/or decision. Keep record of reports and assessments for reference.
- Actively plan and organizes program monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts, and prepare minutes/reports on the results for follow-up actions.
Applicants must have-
- First level University Degree in Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Two years progressively responsible professional experience in program design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.