Deadline: 11 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Tartous, Syria.
The Education Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the education programs/projects through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions-
- Research and analyze regional and national political, education, social and economic development trends.
- Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to facilitate program development, design and preparation.
- Support preparation of technical reports and provide inputs for program preparation and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related information for development planning and priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/share information on implementation issues, suggest solutions on routine program implementation and submit report to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
- Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in education, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- A year of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.