Deadline: 11 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Damascus, Syria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Management and advisory support to the Chief.
- Team management and technical support.
- Programme and grant (GPE/EAC) management, monitoring, quality control of results and reporting.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 8 year’s professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience in managing distance education and blended learning.
- Experience managing and reporting funds is an asset (for individual donors as well as donor platforms [GPE, ECW, EAC, etc.].
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/background with emergency and protracted crisis contexts.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.