Deadline: 24 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support corporate finance and resource management strategies by contributing to the development of policies and procedures for COs or HQ based units, participating in key programmatic initiatives, and embedding value for money in these initiatives through advice on financial assessment, reporting and accounting.
- Lead on the implementation of CO finance, budgeting and resource management operations, in order to support the timely and effective supply of food assistance, and comply with WFP standards and processes.
- Carry out regular visits to Area/Field Offices as appropriate and assist in clarifying and improving proper application of policies and procedures, and prepare comprehensive reports on findings with improvement action plans.
- Lead on the delivery of accurate financial reporting and analyses in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), ensuring accuracy, deadlines and compliance with accounting processes and corporate governance requirements.
- Provide financial assessment of partners, service providers, and other entities as needed, providing conclusions to management to enable them to make informed decisions and minimize financial risk to the organization.
- Design, implement, monitor and analyze budgets for new and ongoing projects according to the established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Ensure that bank reconciliation, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures are performed regularly and in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Where necessary, manage and deliver administrative services, negotiating contracts and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
- Where necessary, oversee human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- University degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- 5 years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Experience of managing small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
- Fluency in English language and Arabic.
- Experience in specialized finance area in a country office.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.