Deadline: 15 May 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer NOB will perform the following functions:
- Support an effective management of the employment conditions of national contracts and effective relations with hiring managers, understanding their needs and operational constrains.
- Analyze , evaluate and take action on requests from managers and staff, providing advise, while taking into account the needs, policies and practices.
- Supervise the HR operation team, ensuring correct and sound application with the administration of staff entitlements, allowances, benefits and incentives, payrolls, insurance and social security.
- Verify and endorse medical documents, education credentials offer letters, contracts/contract renewals, review and clear payrolls and other allowances.
- Review and clear absences and various type of leave requests. Conduct regular oversight in the awarding of contracts, staff files, statistics, payroll, entitlements , benefits and procedures
- Plan, guide, supervise and coordinate work activities of the unit and review work flow and process.
- Assist the supervisor with the preparation of yearly work plan and subsequent phases.
- Contribute effectively and work closely with the team and supporting staff under supervision with an effective performance management.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- 3 year’s post graduate relevant professional experience with Master’s Degree, or 5 year’s post graduate relevant professional experience with a first University Degree.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing human resources administration.
- Ability to produce well organized reports and records independently and handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints and pressure.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others of different national and cultural backgrounds and to have a high sense of confidentiality.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency (level C) in oral and written communication in Arabic and in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.