Deadline: 26 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian Affairs Officer in Homs, Syrian Arab Republic. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Humanitarian Affairs Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the overall implementation of office work plan.
- Establish partnerships with other humanitarian agencies in order to plan and evaluate assistance programmes activities, including gender-related considerations.
- Maintain a close working relationship in the field with the relevant government officials to ensure appropriate communication.
- Conduct field visits with the aim to improve the humanitarian response.
- Assist in the monitoring of projects funded by SHF and support the HFU in maintaining contacts with SHF partners.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of IA convoys plans.
- Assist with and attend regular coordination meetings as appropriate.
- Coordinate humanitarian response and preparedness and provide technical support to sectors as requested.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of contacts with other UN agencies, NGOs, other humanitarian actors and relevant government counter parts.
- Help establish, consolidate and maintain a 4W database.
- Support field missions of OCHA staff, donors and other visitors and conduct briefings visitors on the overall humanitarian situation as well as the activities of OCHA and other humanitarian agencies.
- Organize, participate and/or assist in organizing meetings, conferences, consultations with other agencies and partners on humanitarian and emergency relief-related matters.
- Support sectors to improve the efficiency of the humanitarian response through effective facilitation of coordination meetings, joint assessments and joint planning.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in management of natural disasters, humanitarian emergencies, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation and development.
- Experience in the region would be an asset.
- Knowledge about the UN and humanitarian coordination structures would be an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.