Deadline: 10 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Immunization Specialist in Damascus, Syria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Immunization Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management.
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
- Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong technical leadership.
- Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Technical support is provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
- Capacity of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity-building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization programme.
- UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
- Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Paediatric Health, Child Development, Child Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 year’s professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health/Immunization programmes.
- Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child survival & health care.
- International and national work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and another UN language required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.