Deadline: 28 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in Damascus, Syria.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will ensure that the UNICEF Country Office has useful, valid and reliable information on the situation of children’s and women’s rights.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Make professional contributions to and provide technical assistance for the planning and establishing the major research, monitoring and evaluation objectives, priorities and activities in UNICEF’s multi-year and annual IMEPs, in consultation with child-rights and implementing partners.
- Support the development of UNDAF M&E Plans from a sound results-based programming process.
- Identify the M&E objectives, priorities and activities required for effective CO and partner Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans.
- In coordination with other stakeholders, support the collection of data on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) and other key social development indicators (through MICS or other surveys) to improve national planning.
- Support partners in the establishment and management of national statistical databases (e.g., DevInfo), ensuring that key indicators are readily accessible by key stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to ensure that a set of programme performance indicators is identified and adjusted as necessary, with inputs of all concerned partners in the context of the multi-year and annual IMEPs, the Annual Management Plan and Annual Work Plans (as outlined in the Programme Policy and Procedures Manual).
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of the M&E function among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities organization-wide.
- Collaborate with Regional M&E Advisers and HQ Evaluation Office for overall coordination of priority research, monitoring and evaluation activities, especially those of regional scope requiring the coordinated effort of multiple countries.
- Undertake lessons-learned reviews on successful and unsuccessful M&E practices and experience at the national level and ensure they are shared as appropriate.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, statistics, development planning or other related field.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- 5 years of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring & evaluation and information management as follows.
- One instance of exposure to emergency programming.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.