Deadline: 2 November 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Senior Manager in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Senior Manager will perform the following functions:
- Operations – design and planning.
- Operations – implementation and monitoring.
- Stakeholder management.
- Knowledge management and innovation.
- People management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum 7 year’s relevant experience is required.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) with a minimum 9 year’s relevant experience.
- EOD Level 3 certification is desired.
- IEDD or HRS qualification is desired.
- Military or police experience with a minimum 13 year’s relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in project management in a military, humanitarian, conflict, post-conflict, or development context.
- Minimum 2 year’s leadership experience, including supervising teams and managing complex projects and budgets is required.
- Knowledge of the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS), experience in implementing a quality management system, with field experience in application of land release methodologies is required.
- Knowledge working with information management systems such as Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA).
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking) is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.