Deadline: 1 July 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Senior Officer in Damascus, Syria.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnerships Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Partnerships Development and Strategic Positioning
- Coordination with the Programme Advisor and the Partnerships Advisor, contribute to the development of a comprehensive partnership and programme development plan in line with UNOPS Strategic Plan and regional strategies.
- Inter-agency Partnership
- Establish and further develop partnerships with UN agencies, international organizations, governments, foundations, and international NGOs to diversify project opportunities within Syria.
- Knowledge Management and Innovation
- Implement standards, tools and templates provided by HQ to effectively manage partnership and project development within the team to enhance/maintain UNOPS effectiveness as a provider of project services for sustainable results.
- Monitoring and Progress Controls
- UNOPS is represented in all relevant coordination bodies and interagency working groups as well as included in country analysis and response plans in areas pertaining to UNOPS mandate.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferably in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Political Science, Communications or International Relations, Social Sciences, or other relevant subject is required.
- Combination of a Bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 year’s relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- At least 2 year’s experience in programme, project management, partnerships or resource mobilization is required.
- Experience in establishing partnerships with bilateral and multilateral donors, UN agencies, international development organisations, national governments, foundations, international NGOs or private sector organisations is required.
- Knowledge of UN policies, procedures, and operations is an asset, and prior experience of working in the UN or in other International Organizations is an asset.
- Project and programme management experience is an asset.
- Prior experience working in humanitarian response, post-disaster and/or emergency contexts is highly desired.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Work knowledge of English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.