Deadline: 26 November 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide input to the Head of WHO Country Office (HWCO)Conduct the implementation of procurement services for the department/office on a wide range of services and commodities.
- Administer procurement resources and ensure compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Monitor the overall activities of procurement, logistics, and contracting services for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other procurement tools, providing reports, data and statistics.
- Provide guidance on procurement, logistics, contracting services to managers and staff.
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of procurement work plan activities ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Ensure smooth running of operations of procurement services including goods and services, travel, communications, and information technology needs of the office, and local service vendor requirements.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree and Master’s in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience, some of which in an international context, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Experience in a developing country in the area of immunization.
- Sound knowledge and skills in procurement and budget.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French and another WHO language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.