Deadline: 25 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support the development of livelihoods and resilience programming in the area of operation.
- Liaise with the concerned authorities, partners and other stakeholders on livelihood and resilience building projects.
- Undertake project identification, development, monitoring and technical supervision of livelihoods projects.
- Assess the training needs of relevant partner staff and support the design and implementation of appropriate capacity development training.
- Prepare regular implementation progress reports on livelihoods projects.
- Contribute to documenting lessons learnt and best practices in livelihood and resilience building programming in area of operation.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University Degree in the related functional area is desirable.
- At least 4 year’s progressively responsible work experience related to food security, early recovery and livelihood programming.
- Experience in Rural livelihood focus on agricultural production (household-level and smallholder farmers) and infrastructure rehabilitation activities (project management).
- Experience in Urban livelihoods focus on labour-market analysis, vocational skills assessments, strengthened employability and job facilitation.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.