Deadline: 1 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Assistant in Damascus, Syria.
The Senior Programme Assistant will perform a variety of information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services of moderate scope and difficulty, in support of programme activities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Collects, registers and maintains the filing system of donor reports and funding proposals (hardcopy as well as electronic), keeps track and monitors donor reporting schedules and informs relevant sections of actions required in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the preparation of donor reports by providing information, and preparing tables as required.
- Prepares background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions.
- Generates financial reports for donor reports as required.
- Keep track of visibility requirements in donor agreements and funding proposals and follow up with the Communications section on the production of visibility products as required.
- Provides support to the Senior Budget Assistant in producing weekly performance dash board reports and follow up on actions with respective sections; creating and updating cost distribution records for staff payroll and performs budget allocations/adjustments as requested by the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as required, including preparation of TA and SC for travel and follow up on section travel and leave plans.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
- 7 years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least 1 year was closely related to support of programme activities.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.