Deadline: 2 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Supply Officer in Damascus, Syria.
The Supply Officer will administer the supply operations of a relatively simple nature and limited impact, requiring basic professional technical expertise in support of operations and programme objectives.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate with the Programme Section on planning for services, providing technical support on developing relevant terms of reference and supply administration as well as providing advice on service requirements in the development of the supply component of the Country Programme.
- Maintain effective working relations and contact with the Supply Division, Copenhagen, to confer on supply procurement and shipping policies and procedures.
- Assess contracting operations and control mechanisms and propose appropriate actions.
- Communicate and report quality issues with respect to supplies and/or service agreements.
- Participate in the preparation/compilation of the contract status reports required for donor reports, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, appeals, etc
- Provide advice to the Country Office, Government and implementing partners on offshore and/or local contracting for services policies and procedures, delivery and utilization of funding for defined deliverables and project goals.
- Maintain partnership and collaborative relations with UNICEF, Government, UN, and bilateral counterparts in developing, maintaining and delivering critical services related to programme delivery.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or in directly related areas of specialization, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting.
- Recognized qualification in procurement and contracting.
- Educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply change management, etc.)
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting and administration and/or other related fields.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.