Deadline: 7 June 2016
Handicap International (HI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Unit Coordinator in Amman, Syria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Technical Unit Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the technical aspects of the mission’s activities are represented and advocated for at the Coordination level and that the technical supports within the mission are well coordinated.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Unit Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Leading the Technical Unit in the mission, managing and coordinating the work of the different technical domains in order to:
- Provide a harmonized technical support within the mission.
- Ensure effective technical support is provided to all operational activities as needed (by ensuring that the level of support provided in each hub responds to the needs of each team).
- Ensure growing synergy between all the technical sectors of intervention.
- Monitoring and maintaining Technical Unit’s compliance and coherence with HI quality standards, principles, guidelines and technical frameworks and tools, as well as to potential minimum quality related donor requirements.
- Feed into the mission strategy by providing appropriate elements on technical stakes.
- Providing support to implement mission strategy on all technical aspects.
- Anticipate and lead the development of the Technical Unit’s strategy.
- Ensuring HI’s proper representation in sector working groups and other forums through appropriate coordination of the technical teams.
Applicants must have-
- Higher education degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) is a strong asset.
- 3 years of managerial experience with significant coordination responsibilities.
- Experience within one of the mission’s technical domains: physical or occupational therapy, prosthetics and orthotics, psychosocial support, inclusion, mine action and/or basic needs (emergency distributions).
- 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian context.
- Experience in remote management would be an asset.
- Previous experience with Handicap International at Headquarters or Field is a strong asset.
- English mandatory (oral and written).
- Arabic and French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Handicap International.