Deadline: 5 December 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Damascus, Syria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning:
- Draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis; research and report on trends in WASH, prepare technical reports and inputs contribute to the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results as well as related strategies.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results:
- Collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews, monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources, prepare sectoral progress reports for management donors and partners.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation:
- Undertake field visits and surveys collect and share reports with partners/stakeholders; provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response:
- Draft requisitions for supplies, services, long-term agreements and partnership agreements study and fully understand UNICEF’s procedures for responding in an emergency take up support roles in an emergency response and early recovery, as and when the need arises.
- Networking and partnership building:
- Build and sustain close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders draft communication and information materials for WASH programme advocacy to promote awareness participate in inter-agency meetings, research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building:
- Assist in the preparation of learning/knowledge products assist in creating and delivering learning opportunities for UNICEF WASH staff participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives of clients/stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in public health or civil engineering or social sciences or behavior change communication or another relevant technical field is required.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main Degree are a strong asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing and/or emergency countries is required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.