Deadline: 8 September 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Officer in Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to project processing missions, including but not limited to review of technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data and project costing, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
- Liaise with and support headquarters and field offices of ADB, government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate formulation, processing, administration and monitoring of ADB-financed loan and TA projects.
- Provide advice to government ministries, executing agencies (EAs) and sector entities on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, preparation of tender documents, etc. to ensure effective implementation.
- Lead or assist in the preparation of Project Completion Reports and TA completion Reports as assigned.
- Support or participate in Project Review or Country Portfolio Review missions as a mission member when required.
- Provide support for policy dialogues with government on policy matters and institutional issues.
- Assist in portfolio management, including undertaking analyses of project performances around implementation, administration and achievements of development outcomes, drafting of correspondences and preparation of background papers for Country Portfolio Review Missions.
- Maintain close cooperation with other international donors and undertakes meetings and consultations with them, especially in areas relating to donor coordination and harmonization in sector work.
- Contribute to sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating information on the assigned sector, analyzing financial, institutional or economics uses, and preparing reports on the subjects.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, agriculture, urban development or related disciplines preferably with a Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- 6 year’s of experience, with 4 year’s of supervisor experience, preferably in an international development organization.
- Experience in urban, health or agriculture sectors will be given preference.
- Knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures.
- Ability to guide administrative staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural, multidisciplinary environment.
- Nationality of Tajikistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.