Deadline: 16 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Programme Assistant in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The National Programme Assistant will contribute to planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of UNICEF assisted projects.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Organizes data and information, translates correspondence, prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Contributes to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions to Governments by providing information, preparing tables and drafting relatively routine sections.
- Carries out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities.
- Assists the Supervisor, Programme staff and Programme partners in identifying, planning and conducting necessary orientation and training for UNICEF’s own personnel and those of partner agencies to build their capabilities in addressing the needs of Child Care System Reform, Justice for Children and Social Protection.
- Collects information mainly from records and reports and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities.
- Scrutinizes plans of operations, exchanges of letters and takes appropriate follow-up action.
- Assists in the administrative process of Government requests for assistance, including through the work in VISION/SAP.
- Monitors and oversees the flow and delivery of assistance to projects.
- Regularly keeps track of advances made to partners and ensures their timely liquidations.
- Participates in field visits to monitor programme implementation.
- Assists in organizing annual reviews, programmatic meetings and other events related to the Programme and ensures all steps are taken in a timely and effective manner.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to Social Sciences, Public Administration or any other related fields.
- 6 years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least 1 year is closely related to support of programme activities and project development.
- Fluency in English, Tajik and Russian languages.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.