Deadline: 18 October 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutritionist in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Nutritionist will provide support to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutritionist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities, ensuring a co-ordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and co-ordinate data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Track and analyse data to provide input into reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with implementing partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification of potential partners and partnership negotiations to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach to meeting nutrition needs.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs for example the production and review of training materials.
- Guide more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience in working in public health / food security and nutrition related activities.
- Experience and exposure to implementation of national/international development programmes.
- Desirable experience identifying and defining nutrition issues/problems within a country.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Tajik and Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.