Deadline: 8 September 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Peace & Development Adviser in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
UNDP intends to deploy a Peace and Development Advisor (PDA) to Tajikistan to support the development of strategic conflict prevention initiatives and enhance analysis-based programming.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
Peace & Development Adviser will be responsible for the following functions:
- Provide strategic and analytical support to the Resident Coordinator Representative in his/her relations with high-level government officials, academia, civil society including women’s networks, and with the wider political and civic leadership.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with key national stakeholders, women’s networks, regional and international actors and development partners.
- Strengthen the capacity of UNDP and UNCT to undertake conflict analysis, mainstream conflict sensitivity in regular programming, ensuring that gendered dimensions are reflected in both analysis and programming.
- Establish and maintain networks and strategic partnerships for peace building related strategies and initiatives.
- Support the design and implementation of the strategy for identifying entry points for mainstreaming of conflict prevention and conflict sensitivity in the UNCT, including within the framework of common country planning processes (UNDAF, CPD, etc.).
- Provide analytical and strategic support to UNCT. Support the UNCT in making programmatic linkages with the analysis provided.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) in political science, sociology, international relations, international economics, law, public administration, or other related social sciences. In lieu of an Advanced degree, a Bachelor university degree with additional years of experience.
- At least 7 to years of progressively responsible experience in conflict analysis, policy, and strategy development, development and conflict prevention in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization.
- Extensive experience in research and project development.
- A proven policy, advisory and advocacy experience and track record of engagement with senior levels of government, United Nations, and donors.
- Experience in national and community-level conflict prevention and peace building initiatives and programming.
- Sound knowledge of and extensive experience in Tajikistan or the region, including in dialogue and conflict prevention initiatives, is an advantage.
- Fluent written and spoken English is a requirement.
- Fluent written and spoken Russian or Tajik/Farsi/Dari is a requirement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.