Deadline: 12 October 2017
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Political Officer in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Political Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitor and report on the political situation in the country, including drafting monthly Activity Reports, Spot Reports and the Head of Mission’s annual Permanent Council report.
- Provide analysis of current affairs and political developments and conducts regular briefings for visitors with a particular focus on issues related to regional stability and security, transnational security threats and OSCE engagement with Afghanistan.
- Perform duties as the Mission’s early warning focal point, co-ordinates the collection, collation, analysis, assessment and communication of early warning-related information from across all three OSCE dimensions of security.
- Serve as the political adviser and speech writer to the Head and Deputy Head of Office.
- Serve as protocol officer for visits from high-level delegations, OSCE regional events and other events with OSCE participation.
- Establish and maintain close contacts with members of the parliament, government officials, political parties, local authorities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and research institutions.
- Support other core responsibilities in the Office of Head of Mission as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- University education in international studies, public policy, political science or law or related fields.
- Experience in political analysis and reporting.
- Experience in project design and management.
- Experience in liaising with representatives of governmental and non-governmental structures.
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.