Deadline: 12 October 2017
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Political Officer in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Political Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitor and report on the political situation in the country, including drafting monthly Activity Reports, Spot Reports and the Head of Mission’s annual Permanent Council report.
- Provide analysis of current affairs and political developments and conducts regular briefings for visitors with a particular focus on issues related to regional stability and security, transnational security threats and OSCE engagement with Afghanistan.
- Perform duties as the Mission’s early warning focal point, co-ordinates the collection, collation, analysis, assessment and communication of early warning-related information from across all three OSCE dimensions of security.
- Serve as the political adviser and speech writer to the Head and Deputy Head of Office.
- Serve as protocol officer for visits from high-level delegations, OSCE regional events and other events with OSCE participation.
- Establish and maintain close contacts with members of the parliament, government officials, political parties, local authorities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and research institutions.
- Support other core responsibilities in the Office of Head of Mission as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- University education in international studies, public policy, political science or law or related fields.
- Experience in political analysis and reporting.
- Experience in project design and management.
- Experience in liaising with representatives of governmental and non-governmental structures.
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit OSCE.