Deadline: 5 October 2017
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Assistant in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide advice on and drafts project proposals and assists in monitoring project implementation, including organization of events (seminars, conferences, and roundtables) and drafting plans for monitoring of the project/program implementation.
- Perform research and legal reviews from documents in Russian and Tajik, summarizes in English, maintains cooperation with other departments of the Programme Office in Dushanbe concerning areas of relevance, and submits findings to the supervisor.
- Assist in conduction of trainings on political dialogue and expanding political participation, including preparation of curriculum and evaluation.
- Draft contributions to activity, background reports, and other meetings of relevance.
- As assigned by the supervisor, attend meetings, relevant thematic working groups, roundtables, workshops, conferences and other events.
- Liaise with permanent working groups; prepares relevant records on the events attended (including memos for the file and minutes of the meetings where the Office is the organizing party).
- Assists in the development and maintaining effective contacts with state and non-state partners, international organizations and institutions.
- Assist in the administrative preparations for Tajik delegations to attend OSCE events abroad (invitations, logistic arrangements, etc.).
- Organize data and information, prepares and maintains records and documents.
- Perform other relevant work as required by supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in International Relations, Law, Economic, Political Science or other related subject supplemented by advance Courses in Project Management and Administration.
- Minimum 6 years relevant working experience with established analytical skills (ability to produce background reports, conduct independent research).
- Experience in conduction of the trainings related to the political dialogue and youth political participation.
- Knowledge of international democracy and election standards as well as the legal system and election laws of the Republic of Tajikistan.
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Excellent written and oral command of English, Russian and Tajik languages.
- Nationality of Tajikistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.