Deadline: 26 May 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Zanzibar, Tanzania . The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Compile all WHO donated medical equipment, supplies, furniture and other partners support and have database for record keeping and reporting.
- Consultation with various pillars, coordinate the compilation of the medical equipment, supplies, furniture etc… gaps required by the MOH and share with relevant authorities at WCO.
- Consultation of the logistics pillar head, procurement officer and CSU staff, follow-up the procurement, deployment, and distribution of WHO and other partners’ donations.
- WHO asset management procedures, organize the provision of WHO asset identifier stickers to all WHO donated assets (medical equipment and furniture).
- Assist the Finance and Administration Clerk in the day to day financial transactions, bank statements, timely financial report submission etc.
- Attend WHO and Partners coordination meetings and report on emergency medical logistics and financial support situation in the islands.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Liaison Officer, CSU and WR.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Diploma/Degree or equivalent technical or commercial education.
- Training in Accounting, Administration and/or in Management and logistics field is desirable.
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience.
- Experience in administrative support and logistics positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
- Experience in excel, Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Read, write, speak and expert knowledge in English and Swahili.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.