Deadline: 10 December 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Tanzania.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for all project activities and results.
- Provide overall vision and strategy for the implementation of the project, ensuring all project components are integrated and mutually reinforcing.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the project and USAID, the government of Tanzania, and international and local partners.
- Ensure alignment and complementarity of program activities and design with USAID’s strategy and portfolio of programs across Tanzania as well as the Tanzanian government, the private sector, and other donors.
- Ensure project compliance with all contractual, financial and administrative requirements, with support from the home office and operations/finance teams.
- Oversee operations of the project office in-country in accordance with the policies and procedures established by Chemonics management, including human resources, procurement, finance and administration, and subcontracting.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in agribusiness, agricultural science, economics, business administration and marketing, international trade, social sciences, international development or related field.
- 10-15 year’s relevant professional experience demonstrating increasing managerial responsibility.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience managing complex horticultural and/or agricultural development programs with a market system, value chain development, and/or private sector focus, preferably within an African context.
- Prior work experience in Tanzania and/or East Africa.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range of stakeholders, including government, private sector, NGOs, academia, civil society and research institutions.
- Familiarity with market systems development including finance, input supply, output markets, extension, and access to knowledge, with a focus on strengthening local markets and service providers.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.