Deadline: 31 May 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director of Projects in Tanzania.
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director of Projects will perform the following functions-
- Assume responsibility for program development and oversight together with the Project team and Leadership of The Aga Khan Hospital.
- Act as a strategic implementer to ensure the smooth integration and harmonization of the Phase 2 strategic clinical programs with the existing Hospital services, structure, policies, capacities and practices.
- Consolidate the clinical project scope, goals and deliverables that support the Phase 2 objectives in collaboration with the Medical and Nursing Director’s and stakeholders, including an effective action plan to implement strategies that will ensure and sustain the success of the proposed clinical programs.
- Identify, report, and monitor project dependencies, risks and critical path analysis, and recommend strategies and contingency plans to the CEO and/or related internal/external stakeholders.
- Lead the implementation process related to all programming decisions.
- In conjunction with the Project Management and Finance teams, monitor costs related to space plans, procurement, recruitment, and protocols and associated costs to ensure containment within established budgetary parameters.
- Conduct regular project meetings including with the CEO, Finance and other stakeholders related to the project.
Applicants must have-
- Masters degree in Health Administration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a clinical discipline (Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy or others).
- 10 years of post graduate experience of working in a clinical role of which at least 5 years should be in a supervisory or leadership position.
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Project Management software applications and databases.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.