Deadline: 15 June 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Energy Specialist in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Energy Specialist will provide support to both the mini-grids program in Tanzania and the Lighting Tanzania program, focusing specifically on addressing financing issues related to the off-grid sector.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Energy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of IFC energy access initiatives including the mini-grids and Lighting Tanzania programs, working in close coordination with the Program Manager.
- Support to clients and work with financial institutions in order to increase access to finance for companies and customers, including managing the implementation of activities with clients.
- Provide advisory services aimed at developing and catalyzing commercial markets for clean energy products and services in Tanzania.
- Support the monitoring and tracking of program performance in line with the log-frame.
- Manage individual programs to ensure timely execution and completion of Management Information System reporting requirements.
- Volume and development impact targets defined by the E&RE Regional Lead.
- Provide support to market intelligence related activities.
- Promote IFC’s missions and goals as well as raise awareness on the Lighting Tanzania and Mini-grids Programs.
- Coordinate with internal (World Bank Group) and external entities promoting renewable energy and energy access.
- Potentially support to other energy access programs and activities in SSA.
Applicants must have-
- Masters level education in business, engineering, finance, economics, or related subject.
- 7 years of experience in finance with a preference for work experience with SMEs, and strong demonstrated financial skills.
- Demonstrated experience in structuring financial products.
- Experience with clean energy technologies and markets have a competitive advantage.
- Familiarity with the energy sector, particularly energy access, ideally from a business development perspective.
- Good knowledge of the Tanzanian market is essential.
- Knowledge of other markets in SSA desired.
- Fluency in English.
- Kiswahili is important and desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications and cover letter in English through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.