Deadline: 25 May 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Officer in Geita, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Officer will perform the following functions:
- Conduct Planning and Routine Monitoring
- Rollout Results Frameworks, M&E Frameworks, and M&E plans in line with Country’s and Global Strategy Plans, and Plan MERL standards for projects and sponsorship.
- Design and roll-out M&E tools as required for in Education and Youth projects, including coaching and providing capacity building to staff to use the tools.
- Ensure MERL Capacity Building
- Support Pus MERL team and none M&E project staff in the analysis of evaluation and survey’s findings, including report-writing with sex-disaggregated data.
- Provide practical training to PUs Project Coordinators and Community Development Facilitators on Development of in Education and Youth projects and PUs’ results trackers, Quantitative Results Tracking, and beneficiaries counting
- Produce Reports and Reporting
- Assist with timely and high quality narrative reporting to donors (monthly, quarterly, and final) in conjunction with the thematic Sector Heads.
- Produce quarterly monitoring reports as generated from Global M&E database.
- Promote Learning for Quality Program
- Assist dissemination of evaluation findings to relevant stakeholders, including close out workshops.
- Organize reflection and feedback meetings with project beneficiaries.
- Conducting Evaluations, Studies, and Surveys
- Coordinate and supervise data collections for both internal and external evaluations, to ensure Plan’s standards are followed by the external evaluators, and ensure data quality.
- Follow up implementation of evaluation recommendations by implementers and head of thematic.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in design, implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research systems in NGO Settings.
- Minimum 2 year’s providing training, and in a supervisory and/or management role, in monitoring and evaluation to all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience in M&E of Education projects, Child protection and ASRH.
- Ability to use cost effective and online applications for mobile data collection and data management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel intensively in the fields.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet and statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and others related packages.
- Depth knowledge of the M&E and preferably minimum 2 years of experience in Non-profit making organisation.
- Ability to work under multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Good English language skills (oral /written.)
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.