Deadline: 17 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will provide M&E expertise in the development and implementation of the M&E Plan for the project, build capacities of staff and local partners and ensure that data quality standards are monitored, met and reported on a timely manner.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead development of and oversee the review of project level Monitoring &Evaluation (M&E) plan and associated work plans for each component/activity (as reflected in the project results framework).
- Support technical work such as reviewing M&E methods, carrying out training needs, designing M&E and Impact Assessment tools and advising on M&E technical assistance requirement.
- Ensure quality control of M&E outputs (e.g. surveys, or studies), including by contributing substantively to the design and field testing of the monitoring methodology.
- Participate in and contribute to the formulation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for the GEF project, monitoring tools and processes including mainstreaming gender in all frameworks and tools.
- Update as necessary Monitoring and Evaluation plans, consistent with the UNDP/GEF M&E framework, in consultation with the MOWI and the National Project Coordinator.
- Strengthen system and tools including training materials to train the MOWI team and other implementing partner’s personnel collaborating with the project and other on-site support.
- Contribute to project reporting progress on a quarterly basis and ensure problem solving through promptly instituting remedial actions.
- Review the quality of existing data sources, the methods of collecting them and the degree to which they will provide good baseline data for mid-term and end of project evaluations.
- Identify and formulate lessons learned and document best practices from various studies to be integrated into project reports.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Socio-economic or Social Sciences with M&E related experience in the field of environment and natural resources management.
- Additional qualifications in Agricultural Economics or Agri-business Management, Rural Development, Business Management, or related studies are desirable.
- 5 years of experience in M&E related experience in the field of environment and natural resources with Masters Degree.
- 7 years of post-graduate professional experience in M&E related experience in the field of environment and natural resources management or related sciences preferably in Tanzania including the following.
- Substantive knowledge of UNDP/GEF programming tools for planning, monitoring including general knowledge of the UNDP Practice Areas, particularly Environment & climate change would be an advantage.
- Understanding of UNDP/GEF reporting procedures an added advantage.
- Fluency in English, required and Swahili is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.