Deadline: 2 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Analyst will ensure effective delivery of the CO programme by supporting programme implementation throughout project cycle while remaining consistent with UNDP rules and regulations guided by the POPP.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to CCA, UNDAP II, CPD and other documents.
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results.
- Design and formulation of CO programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions.
- Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to PAC, entering project into Atlas, finalization of contribution agreement, determination of required revisions.
- Programme Analyst can perform as requisition approver in Atlas and participates in recruitment processes for projects.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- Support to development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Environmental Management, Project Management, International Development, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- 2 years of experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of development projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Swahili is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.