Deadline: 2 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Management Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the project management function of the UNDP programme and projects as articulated in the Country Programme Document.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets (BID) and monitoring achievement of results.
- Support the design and formulation of CO programme particularly within various thematic areas, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions.
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the area of Sustainable Development.
- Ensure gender and women empowerment is mainstreamed in all programmes and that the interventions are reaching the poor and marginalized.
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Contribution to and application of strategic procurement strategies to support national implementation under UNDAP II.
- Dialogue with key national partners on strategies to enhance results achievement under nationally implemented projects.
- Contribution to knowledge building in the UN system on national planning, procurement, and implementation processes in order to find ways of enhancing UN and UNDP support.
- Strengthened project management practices and application of UNDP’s rules, regulations, and policies as well as UN interagency agreements.
- Provision of the information/reports on the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, proposal of solutions while maintaining compliance to UNDP rules & regulations.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- Project management certification desirable.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing programme / project management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of development projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Kiswahili added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.