Deadline: 27 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Assistant will promote best practices and techniques for health-care waste management with the aim of minimizing or eliminating releases of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) to help countries meet their obligations under the Stockholm Convention on POPs.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Prepare all payment requests, financial record-keeping and preparation of financial reports required in line with National Implementation financial rules and procedures.
- Support preparation of background information for project implementation, work plans and budget.
- Assist in the organization of events (meetings, seminars, workshops, trainings, missions, etc.) and ensure appropriate logistical arrangements.
- Keep records and files of financial and technical documentation and reports.
- Support the purchase of goods and services, follow up on issuance of contracts and payments as well maintaining and developing an updated asset register.
- Liaise on the conduct of project audit and ensure access by auditors to project documentation, personnel and institutions involved in the project.
- Prepare internal and external travel arrangements for project personnel.
- Take record of project meetings and draft correspondence as required.
- Undertake other duties per the requirements of the project.
- Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhance UNDP’s capability in provision of project support services.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education is required and University Degree in Social Sciences, Business or Public Administration is an added advantage.
- 5 years relevant experience of proven professional in financial resources management, budget management or administrative support functions.
- Demonstrated track record of project administrative and financial management.
- Previous experience working on a UN related project will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Fluency in written and spoken English, required.
- Fluency in Swahili is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.