Deadline: 18 August 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business and Human Rights Specialist in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business and Human Rights Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Project Management Support
- Provide project management expert support through effective planning, administration, coordination with country offices and partners.
- Technically support country offices in developing and implementing country level work-streams on Business and Human Rights, particularly in light of the 2030 Agenda.
- Conduct expert visits to focus countries in South Asia and Southeast Asia, to provide high level advise to government agencies, private sector actors, UN system entities, regional organizations, civil society, and National Human Rights Institutions.
- Provide analytical inputs on Business and Human Rights National Action Plans, legislation, strategies and initiatives.
- Research and Technical Support
- Coordinate the production of relevant high-level research and analysis for policy advice and programme support that responds to country office needs and verify that knowledge sharing and content management is in line with guidelines and performed using corporate tools.
- Liaise with relevant project partners and communications focal points to share relevant resources, lessons learnt and best practices.
- Coordinate team contributions and support to corporate KM activities, at region-specific level to help influence/advance policy dialogue in the thematic area in collaboration with policy teams at HQ and in the Bangkok Regional Hub.
- Awareness-Raising, Partnership-building, and Resource Mobilization
- Coordinate events with partners and stakeholders to provide high visibility to the thematic area and prepare policy materials, briefing notes and speeches.
- Cultivate new working relationships with emerging partners working on Business and Human Rights in the project focus countries.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in law, governance, political science, other social sciences or related disciplines.
- 7 year’s of professional work experience providing policy advice and programme support in the areas of Human Rights and Rule of Law.
- Experience working on Human Rights is a strong asset.
- Experience working in the Asia-Pacific region is desirable.
- Fluency in English is essential, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.