Deadline: 14 December 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Officer will perform the following functions-
- Country Partnership Framework Implementation and Review
- Under the guidance of Country Manager, the CO will play a key role in the elaboration and implementation of the World Bank’s Country Partnership Framework for Thailand, and will work closely with the Operations Manager in Philippines and Senior Country Officer of the Anchor Unit in Washington D.C. to review the implementation of the programs and progress on results framework and to assemble and analyze relevant data.
- Advise task teams on country context and strategy issues.
- Relationship Management
- Strategically manage relationships with government under the guidance of the Country Manager, and in close coordination with EXT colleagues.
- Develop and maintain regular country contacts with clients – both within and outside Government – and other key stakeholders.
- Update the country team on the evolving political economy and context for Bank operations in Thailand.
- Support to Country Office Management
- Serve as focal point of office administration capacity.
- Primary responsibility for overseeing facilities, logistical support and administrative vendors, and IRS relocation support in the office.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of ACS staff under the guidance of the Country Manager.
- Provide support to ACS staff in the Bangkok Office and mentor and coach staff as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field discipline (management/business studies, development studies, public policies, etc.) and minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the World Bank’s operations and ability to address issues across sectors and at the country level.
- Good understanding of Bank operational processes, procedures and practices and their practical application in a country context.
- Ability to influence and contribute to all phases of the project cycle.
- Ability to ensure the quality of portfolio performance management.
- Ability to deepen client commitment and engagement to ensure effective implementation and longer term sustainability of CPS, projects and programs.
- Ability to work across several tasks in parallel and to achieve results under stress.
- Strong teamwork skills in a matrix environment as well as leadership skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a multi-disciplinary country team and with other groups throughout the Bank, development partners.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop more junior staff.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills both in English and Thai.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.